February 13, 2013

0
Mommy Confession: How and why I taught Baby Sign Language to my baby

 
As a mom, there is nothing more frustrating than trying to figure out why your child is crying and what she wants. My baby girl would clearly show when she was sleepy by rubbing her eyes but that's all! I had to figure out if she was crying because she was hungry, too hot or cold, had a wet nappy, etc. She would become more frustrated as I tried to figure out what was wrong. I just knew something had to give!

One day, I came across baby sign language for hearing babies and the benefits. Did you know that teaching your child sign language helps babies develop mentally, promotes an larger speaking vocabulary, and your child will have an higher IQ? It also reduces fussiness! Just imagine your child being able to tell you exactly what she wants without whining or crying!! It's truly amazing!

After a few weeks and with the help of some books, my baby can sign some. It isn't perfect but I do know what she is trying to say!

Here are a few Kindle books that I used to teach my baby sign language:


Baby Signing For Dummies®, Mini Edition

THE SMART BABY SIGN LANGUAGE BOOK. How To Teach Your 6 Month Old Baby Sign Language TODAY!.

Sign, Sing, and Play!: Fun Signing Activities for You and Your Baby





0 comments:

Post a Comment